Wednesday, May 20, 2015

1st run... In a while

I guess that the original purpose of this blog was to journal my work in education, but i guess the title is journal - after all. 

Yesterday i did my 1st run after a month and a half of not doing anything, because i was getting massive pain in my shins. So, after getting new shoes on Monday, yesterday i went out again. 

The first time i went out... Well, the last first time... I was using the Couch to 5K app and i have to say it was great. This time around i am not using it because i think i can do more and starting where the Couch to 5K would start me would out me back and that will lead to not wanting to do - i know me. So i decided that i would do a walk to warm-up and run (lightly) until i hit the 1mi mark; take a 5min walk and then run again up to 2mi. 

That 2mi mark has always been my goal. I cannot run 2mi non stop, i've never been able to. So, yesterday i did my walk with the run to 1mi (survived), did the 5min walk and ran... Up to 1.5mi and that was it. 

I'll go at it again today, although i'm sore... I want to get to those 2mi with the walk break and then start lowering the break each run to get to a sustained 2mi run - that is the current goal. 

I'll keep updating!

No comments:

Post a Comment